Explore the historic center of Pontevedra and travel through the beautiful villages of the Rias Baixas with this fantastic trip. You will visit Combarro, the island of Toxa, O Grove, Cambados, and enjoy a delicious mussel and wine tasting. What more could you ask for?
Rias Baixas Trip
When the clock strikes 9:30 am, we will meet up in the Plaza de la Peregrina square to begin a fantastic guided tour of the historic center of Pontevedra.
During the walking tour, we will discover the origins of this city and contemplate the beautiful exteriors of some of its important buildings, such as the church of the Virgen Peregrina or the ruins of the convent of Santo Domingo. Afterward we will go up in a minibus and head towards the villages of the Rías Baixas.
The first stop will be in the idyllic fishing town of Combarro. The historic center here has been declared an Asset of Cultural Interest. As we stroll through its narrow streets, you will be surprised by the more than 50 hórreos (raised granaries) near the coast, and we will reveal their fascinating history.
After this visit, we will go to the island of Toxa. Here we will see the famous Capilla de las Conchas chapel, whose façade has been decorated with thousands of scallops. Furthermore, a boat will be waiting for us on the island to take us on a journey along the picturesque Ría de Arousa.
During the trip, we will admire the stunning Galician coast and the various mussel farms that extend along the Rias Baixas. We will discover all the secrets of these marine molluscs and we will also taste them on board the boat, accompanied by a glass of fine wine.
After the boat trip, we will leave you with an hour and a half of free time to have lunch in O Grove. Once we have recovered our strength, we will head for Cambados: the capital of Albariño wine. Here, you will find out about the characteristics of this drink and its different phases of elaboration when you visit a traditional winery. There will also be a tasting of three delicious varieties of this wine.
We will finish the excursion in the Rías Baixas arriving in Pontevedra at 7 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Adults||Children from 3 to 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children from 3 to 12 years oldUS$ 27.30
Children under 3 years oldFree
9 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and spanish.
Transport by bus or minibus.
English speaking guide.
Boat trip along the Ria de Arousa estuary.
Entry to a wine cellar in Cambados with a wine tasting.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Plaza de la Peregrina square.