Travel along the course of the second-longest river in the Algarve with this Arade River Boat Tour. Get to know the medieval past of the cities located on its banks.
Arade River Boat Tour
At the time of your choice, we'll meet at São Francisco dock to start this boat trip around Portimão.
For 2 hours, we'll cross the waters of the Arade River, the second longest river in the Algarve. This river begins in the Serra do Caldeirão and runs through some of the most important cities in the region until it flows into the Atlantic, specifically to the east of Praia da Rocha.
Along the crossing, we'll pass by the small fishing village of Ferragudo and you'll to see the São João do Arade castle, built in the 15th century to control the movement of the boats that arrived by the river.
We'll continue sailing along the banks of the Arade passing by the Portimão Marina and the area of Ribera, populated by sardine restaurants. This part of the town also has the old fish canning factory, now converted into the Portimão Museum.
Before returning to the starting point, we'll see the charming medieval town of Silves, which was the capital of the Algarve.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Per person||Children under 2|
US$ 42.50 US$ 25.50
Per personUS$ 42.50 US$ 25.50
Children under 2not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other languages.
English speaking guide.
40% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
São Francisco pier