Discover the most iconic sights in the Golden Gate City on this unmissable combo tour: visit the infamous island-prison of Alcatraz and enjoy a complete guided tour of San Francisco!
San Francisco Tour
After meeting in Union Square at 9 am, you'll climb aboard one of our luxury coaches, which will take you on a sightseeing route from the bay to the ocean, taking in the sights of San Francisco on a four-hour journey.
The bus includes an award-winning audio guide, telling you everything you need to know about the famous neighbourhoods the tour stops in: see Chinatown, the San Francisco Presidio, Nob Hill, the Civic Centre and much more. You'll hear interesting anecdotes, fun facts and essential information, feeling like a true San Francisco expert after your tour.
The bus tour then winds its way up the 928 feet of the Twin Peaks (locally known as "Eureka" and "Noe") which stand above the city, from where you'll enjoy a three hundred and sixty degree view of the city: a perfect moment to take those photos sure to make your friends back home jealous!
Then we weave back down to see the Sutro Baths, an emeblematic San Francisco landmark which was the largest indoor swimming pool in the world upon opening in 1896, and used the seawater from the bay itself. Your half-day tour will come to an end with you being dropped off at Pier 33 to board the boat to Alcatraz.
"The Rock", as it's popularly known, has retained its spine-chilling allure after all these years, and with this Alcatraz and San Francisco city combo tour, you'll get tickets to the iconic sight included in the price!
See America's toughest prison, said to be impossible to escape from... It was to Alcatraz that America's most notorious, violent and troublesome prisoners were sent, with famous inmates including Al Capone, "Machine Gun Kelly" and Robert Franklin Stroud, perhaps better known as the "Birdman of Alcatraz".
It's since become notorious. Said to be haunted, Alcatraz has been the subject of a number of paranormal investigations, as well as starring in films, the most famous being Sean Connery and Nicholas Cage's 1966 cult classic "The Rock".
Will you be able to escape from the inescapable island?
The day begins with the complete city tour od San Francisco in the morning, and the Alcatraz tour in the afternoon. On the morning of your activity, you must make your way to the meeting point at 478 Post Street, near Union Square, where you'll be given your Alcatraz tickets and from which you'll depart for your city tour.
Please bring a valid identification document for the Alcatraz tour.
Tour Without Alcatraz
If you would prefer to take a tour of San Francisco without visiting Alcatraz prison, you can reserve our Complete San Francisco Tour - which shows you the best of The Golden Gate City, minus 'The Rock'.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 11 years old|
|San Francisco and Alcatraz Tour||
San Francisco and Alcatraz Tour
Children between 5 and 11 years oldUS$ 90
7 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Pick up from selected hotels in San Francisco.
Narrated tour of San Francisco.
Round trip boat ride to Alcatraz + audio tour (worth $38.35).
Hotel drop off.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
478 Post Street by Union Square.