Discover the beautiful protected parkland areas of the Valley of the Moon, Leoncito, and Talampaya when you take this fantastic 5-day tour of Argentina's Coyo Corto region.
Cuyo Corto Parks 5 Day Tour
Day 1: San Juan
As soon as you land at San Juan airport, we will be waiting for you in the arrivals terminal to take you to your hotel. Once there, you will have the rest of the day free.
Day 2: Valle de la Luna
After having breakfast in the hotels, we will depart in a 4x4 vehicle and head to the Valle de la Luna (Moon Valley) via the famous Route 40. Along the journey, we will make some stops to photograph the beautiful surrounding landscapes. Once in the park, we start the day with lunch in a local restaurant.
Fully energized, we start our 3-hour trip around the Ischigualasto Provincial Park, better known as the Valley de la Luna (Moon Valley). Ischigualasto, which means "the place where no life exists", has been a magnet for geologists and paleontologists since 1930. The unique, lunar-like landscapes here will transport you to another world.
At the end of the day, we will head to the town of Villa Unión, where we spend the night.
Day 3: Talampaya National Park
We will have breakfast in the hotel before driving to the Talampaya National Park, declared a UNESCO World Heritage SIte. After a 40-minute journey, we arrive at this spectacular natural wilderness, characterized by distinctive red sandstone rocks. We will take a tour around some of the areas most famous outcrops such as El Monje, Totem, and La Tortuga, and the magnificent canyon.
Then, you will have time to eat before we hit the road again and travel to San Juan. On the way, we make a stop at the foot of Cuesta de Huaco hill so you can photograph the surreal rocky landscapes. At the end of the evening, we will head to the hotel in San Juan where we spend the night
Day 4: Leoncito National Park
After having breakfast at the hotel, we climb into the all-terrain vehicle and drive into the Calingasta valley. Our route takes us 60 miles through some spectacular Andean scenery before we arrive at the Leoncito National Park. Once there, we visit the fantastic Leoncito Astronomical Complex.
Later, we will take a short hike along the Sendero del Agua footpath, during which you will admire the native flora and fauna of Argentina's Cuyo Corto region. You will also see a small waterfall which flows into the Cabeceras brook. At the end of the walk, we will descend into the wonderful Leoncito Pampa, and then later, to the village of Barreal, where you will have your own free time to eat.
On the way back to San Juan, we will make a stop in front of Mount Alcázar, where you can capture the stunning scenery on your camera. Once we are back in San Juan, we will go to the hotel to spend the night.
Day 5: San Juan
After a succulent breakfast, we head to the airport where we bid farewell and our thrilling 5-day tour of the parks of Cuyo Corto finishes.
What do I need?
The only thing that you need to do this tour is a return flight to San Juan, arriving on the day of your reservation and returning four days later. For example, if your tour starts on Monday, your return flight should be booked for Friday of that same week.
Any additional time required in San Juan must be arranged by yourself.
This 5-day circuit around the parks of Cuyo Corto includes 4 nights accommodation with breakfast in the following hotels or similar.
- San Juan (three nights): Gran Hotel Provincial.
- Villa Unión (one night): Hotel Pircas Negras.
Children under the age of 18 years old
Children under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
In the case of bad weather
This activity is subject to favorable weather conditions. A refund cannot be offered in the case of cancellation.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 610.80
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Pick up and drop off at San Jaun airport.
English speaking guide.
4 nights accommodation with breakfast.
Entry to Moon Valley (450 argentine pesos, €9, $10 USD approx.).
Entry to Talampaya National Park (120 argentine pesos, €2.50, $2.70 USD approx.).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 7 days before (San Juan local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - this activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).