Escape city life and head into the beautiful Sierra Zonda mountain range when you take our fantastic 4x4 tour. You will explore the San Juan river valley and hike along a picturesque hillside path.
Tour of Sierra Zonda
We will collect you from your hotel before boarding a 4x4 vehicle to start our very special tour.
After traveling for 40 minutes, we will make our first stop at the Ullum Dam, one of the most important works of engineering in Argentina. Then we continue towards the San Juan river valley, in the heart of the Sierra Zonda.
Once we have arrived in the valley, we will leave the tarmac road behind and take the 4x4 vehicle along the rough terrain tracks that wind through the foothills on the edge of the magnificent Andes mountain range. After an exciting trip through some spectacular landscapes, we will park the car and begin our hike. The 4-hour route follows a famous path known as the 'Infiernillo' (the camping stove) which takes us over hills, through forests, and past pretty waterfalls.
When the walk has finished, we climb back into the ATV and drive back to your hotel in San Juan.
Children under the age of 18 years old
Children under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
In the case of bad weather
This activity is subject to favorable weather conditions. In the case that the tour is canceled, no refund will be offered.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 55
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 3 days before (San Juan local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).