Marvel at the wonderful rock formations of Valle de la Luna and explore the beautiful El Leoncito National Park when you take this 3-day tour from San Juan.
Valle de la Luna and El Leoncito National Park 3 Day Tour
Day 1: Valle de la Luna
After collecting you from your hotel, we will set off for Valle de la Luna. The journey will take us along the legendary Route 40, stopping at the various viewpoints so you can capture the stunning panoramas on your camera. After traveling for 4 hours, we will reach the Ischigualasto Provincial Park, better known as the Valle de la Luna (Valley of the Moon).
After arriving, we will take time for a delicious picnic lunch. Feeling refreshed and recharged, we then begin our trip into the past with a 3-hour hiking route. There, we will discover the history of this corner of the San Juan desert, where the otherworldly rock shapes will astound you. You will also discover just why this is known as 'the place where no life exists'.
After the trek, we will return to San Juan, where we spend the night and recover for the next day.
Day 2: Barreal and El Leoncito National Park Tour
After having breakfast, we will leave the city of San Juan behind and head into the region's desert. Our first stop is a viewpoint over the San Juan River, at the start of the Calingasta Valley. Then, we continue towards the pretty village of Barreal. On the way, we will pass the amazing Cerro Alcázar natural monument and the fascinating Ruins of Hilario.
After traveling for around 3 hours, we arrive at Barreal where we take a short walk around the village and you have free time to take lunch (food not included). We then depart towards the El Leoncito National Park, where we take a panoramic tour on which you will admire the immense Argentine Pampa. We will also walk along picturesque water trails that run through the beautiful landscapes.
Later, our tour takes you to the El Leoncito Astronomical Complex where you have free time to explore the different installations until it is time to eat. After a delicious dinner on site, you will enjoy a stargazing activity in which we observe the constellations in what is one of the clearest skies on the planet.
When our special activity has finished, we will return to the hotel to take a rest.
Day 3: San Juan
After a succulent breakfast, we finally head back to San Juan, where we will leave you at the airport, bus station, or any other location you prefer to end the tour.
This 3-day tour of the Valle de la Luna and El Leoncito National Park includes two nights accommodation with breakfast at the following hotels or similar.
- San Juan: Gran Hotel Provincial.
- El Leoncito National Park: El Leoncito Astronomical Complex.
Children under the age of 18 years old
Children under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
If the weather is bad
This activity is subject to weather conditions. In the case of bad weather, neither a partial or full refund will be offered.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 500
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
2 nights accommodation with breakfast.
1 picnic lunch.
Entry to Leoncito National Park.
Entry to Valle de la Luna (450 argentine pesos, €9, $10 approx.).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 7 days before (San Juan local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).