Disconnect from modern life with this trip to the Sierra de Aracena in which you will discover picturesque settings such as Río Tinto and the Dehesa de Sierra Morena.
Sierra de Aracena Full-Day Trip Itinerary
Around 9:00am we will collect you from your hotel and start our approximately 10-hour day tour.
Our route will pass through the Dehesa de Sierra Morena, declared a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in 2002. These outstanding natural spaces of ecological riches are home to countless animals such as "brave bulls" (toros bravos) or acorn-fed Iberian pigs, which are used to make the finest Jabugo "jamón Ibérico". The town of Jabugo and its prized product have made the name and fame of Huelva.
Crossing these unique landscapes, we finally arrive at the historic Aracena. In this town we will visit one of the most emblematic sights: the Aracena Castle, built between the thirteenth and fifteenth century, and extremely significant in the Middle Ages for its strategic frontier position. We will also delve into the impressive natural caves of the Gruta de las Maravillas. This underground network opened to the public in 1914, was one of the first to open in Spain.
On route to Seville, take in the natural beauty of the Mediterranean forest of La Peña de Arias Montano. We will also make a stop in the town of Almonaster La Real, where you will encounter what is believed to be the oldest mosque in Spain.
In the evening we finally head back to Seville.
Students must show their student card on the day of the activity.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Children from 4 to 17 yearsUS$ 82.40
Students up to 25 yearsUS$ 82.40
Children under 4 yearsFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Pick up and drop off at your hotel.
English speaking guide.
Transport by bus.
Entrance into the Italica Archeological Site.
Entance into the Gruta de las Maravillas Cave.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
You can book up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not advisable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 3 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.