Visit the Teide Observatory, the largest solar observatory in the world, and learn about astronomy and solar observations in a fun way on a 1.5-hour guided tour.
Teide Observatory Guided Tour
Greet your guide at the main entrance of the Teide Observatory, situated on kilometre 37 of highway TF-24.
Accompanied by an English-speaking guide expert in astronomy, you will learn about its history and how the observatory works during the day. Home to diverse solar and nighttime telescopes and various laboratories, it is considered one of the best observatories in the world along with the Roque de los Muchachos, on La Palma island, Hawaii and Chile.
Find out how to distinguish the different stars during a fun-filled tour, perfect for all ages. Your guide will also reveal some of the fascinating facts discovered in this observatory on the sun and its “heart beating”. Truly fascinating!
Conclude this visit by participating in an astrophysics workshop, which will give you a better understanding of the firmament while you look through the telescopes installed in the Visitors Center. The Teide Observatory also offers breathtaking views of Mount Teide and its incredible volcanic landscape.
Children under 8 years old may not participate in this activity.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children 8-16 years old|
Children 8-16 years oldFree
1 hour 30 minutes.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Admission ticket to Teide Observatory.
English speaking guide specialized in astronomy.
Use of the telescopes during the astrophysics workshop.
Transfer service to the meeting point.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Teide Observatory (kilometer 37 of the highway TF-24)