Live a unique experience by climbing up to the top of Mount Teide, the highest peak in Spain, on the Teide cable car. The views of the volcanic landscape from the summit are breathtaking!
Teide Cable Car
The Mount Teide cable car leads visitors from the base of the volcano to La Rambleta station, situated at 3,555 meters above sea level. The full journey takes approximately 10 minutes and the cabin fits up to 44 passengers.
La Rambleta lookout point offers incredible panoramic views of the Teide National Park and its surroundings. On clear days, you can even see the other islands of the Canarian archipelago. It is also possible to hike right up to the summit of Mount Teide from La Rambleta.
- Although it does not happen very often, sometimes visitors can get altitude sickness due to the low levels of oxygen at the top of Mount Teide. If it happens, move slowly until you get used to the height.
- We recommend you bring a bottle of mineral water, since there are no food or drink stands at La Rambleta.
- Although Tenerife has a mild climate, we recommend you bring something warm to wear, as it can get cold at the summit of Mount Teide.
Who can ride the cable car?
- The minimum age to ride the cable car is 3 years old.
- This activity is not recommended for pregnant women due to the speed and height of the cabins, we may present a risk.
Special license to climb to the summit
Once you get to La Rambleta, you can walk up a trail to the summit. This option is not obligatory, but if you are interested, you must first apply for a special license here.
|Adults||Children 3 - 13 years old|
|Teide Cable Car Ticket||
Teide Cable Car Ticket
Children 3 - 13 years oldUS$ 14.60
Return Teide cable car tickets.
Transfer service to the meeting point.
Permission to climb the Teide Peak.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You will receive an email with your ticket attached which you must print out and show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is it possible to climb Mount Teide or is a special permission required?
A - The cable car takes you close to the top, but to get to the peak you need to contract a guide and solicit a special permission, with very limited places, via the network of national parks.
Q - Can children under 3 climb the volcano?
A - Yes, but it's not recommended due to the changes in temperature, pressure and the volcano's sulphuric emissions. You would have to sign a declaration of responsibility at the ticket office.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Base Station of the Teide Cable (kilometer 40 of highway TF-21)