Wine lovers are in for a treat on this guided tour of southern Tenerife's vineyards. Discover the Canary Island's great vinicultural traditions as you indulge in the best local tastes. Unmissable!
South Tenerife Wine Tour Itinerary
Having been picked up from your hotel in southern Tenerife, you'll head in the direction of the coastal Las Galletas area, where you'll visit the Las Margaritas Banana Finca. Exploring the plantation, you'll discover how one of the Canary Islands' star products is cultivated. After seeing the different areas of the agricultural zone, you'll be treated to a tasting of Tenerife's most typical delicacies, made from gofio, a flour made from roasted grains, palm syrup, and of course bananas and other fresh fruits grown on the island.
You'll then be taken to one of Tenerife's best wineries, or bodegas. Depending on the season and the availability on the day, you might visit Cumbres de Abona or Mencey de Chasna. Touring the winemaking facilities, you'll learn the secrets of the production process that make Tenerife's wines so delicious, before you get to experience them for yourself. Enjoy a Canarian wine tasting and see if you can distinguish the unique aromas, tastes and other nuances that characterise the local liqueur.
Continue on your wine tour of south Tenerife, this time heading to the quaint village of Vilaflor. Here, you'll pay a visit to Bodegas Reverón, a winery where you'll indulge in another wine tasting guided by expert oenologists. Accompany your drinks sampling with a traditional Canarian lunch, including local specialities like almogrote, a type of pâté made of cheese and peppers which is unique to the archipelago.
At the end of an unforgettable day full of delicious foods and wines, you'll be returned to your hotel in the south of the island.
Children under 18 years old are not permitted on this tour.
Hotel pick up
This excursion includes hotel pick up from El Médano, Callao-El Paraíso, Ten Bel, Los Gigantes, Golf del Sur, La Caleta, Las Américas, Los Cristianos, Chayofa and other tourist zones in the south of Tenerife.
The pick up service is not available from Puerto de la Cruz, La Orotava, San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Las Caletillas, Candelaria and other tourist zones in the north of Tenerife.
When making your reservation, you'll be asked to select your preferred pick up point. Hotel pick up is between 7:05 am and 9 am and after making your reservation you'll receive an email confirming the exact pick up time and place.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Per person (over 18 years old)|
Per person (over 18 years old)US$ 84.70
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off (at accommodation located in south Tenerife).
Transport by air conditioned vehicle.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to and tasting of products at banana plantation.
Visit to and tasting of wines at a winery in south of Tenerife.
Additional food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 3 days before (Tenerife local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).