The Hague, also known as The International City of Peace and Justice, offers both an important political setting and a culturally vibrant atmosphere. Discover the city's extensive history and varied culture with this private tour.
Private Tour of The Hague
The history of The Hague and its later development dates back to the Middle Ages. We'll begin the tour meeting at the chosen time at your hotel or the symbolic Binnenhof, whichever you prefer.
The Binnenhof is a complex of administrative buildings, built in the 13th Century, which are home to the national parliament headquarters (The States-General of the Netherlands), the Ministry of General Affairs and the Prime Minister's Office.
The Ridderzaal, also known as The Hall of the Knights, is another important feature of the complex, used for official receptions and conferences. Did you know that it is also home to the annual celebration of Prinsjesdag? The important political event is held on the third Tuesday in September, and the reigning monarch reads their speech outlining the government policy for the year.
We'll continue the private tour around The Hague arriving at the majestic Noordeinde Palace. It is one of the Dutch Royal Family's four official residences, and it's currently used as the monarch's official workplace. However, the building hasn't always been completely intact, in 1948 the central section was destroyed in a fire.
The next stop is another important monument in The Hague, the renowned Peace Palace (Vredespaleis). The building was originally an idea conceived by a Russian diplomat and American diplomat in 1900 for the Permanent Court of Arbitration, but it is now a symbol of peace housing the International Court of Justice including its impressive Library of International Law.
We'll finish the tour heading back to the meeting point or you can choose a central point in the city which you'd like to visit.
When booking a private tour you'll have an English speaking guide to accompany just you and your partner, family or friends. You'll save money if it's a big group.
You can choose whether we start the private walking tour of The Hague from your hotel (as long as it's central) or from the Binnenhof main entrance, under the equestrian statue of William II.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 10 people|
|Private tour in English||
Private tour in English
Up to 10 peopleUS$ 187.40
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide specialised in the history of The Hague.
We'll start at your hotel or at the Binnenhof.
Private and exclusive tour, there won't be anyone else other than your partner, family or friends with you.
Entry to museums or monuments you'd like to visit.
Food and drinks.
Transport to the meeting point.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers).