Have a fantastic experience flying over the Gulf Islands in a hydroplane when you take our trip from Vancouver. You'll also enjoy kayaking around beautiful Saltspring Island to discover the high biodiversity of this natural environment.
We will pick you up at your hotel in Vancouver before heading to the city harbor where we board a seaplane that will take us to the idyllic Saltspring Island.
From the comfort of the hydroplane, you will have exclusive views of both Vancouver Bay upon taking-off, and then subsequently the stunning area of the Gulf Islands. This archipelago is home to a large variety of animal species, and you will spot bald eagles, seals, otters and even dolphins during your Canadian adventure.
Landing on Saltspring Island, in the middle of the Strait of Georgia, specialized monitors will be waiting to take you on an amazing kayaking trip. After a brief explanation on how to use the boat, we will set sail through the waters around the islands. For around five hours, we drift along, observing the natural beauty of the wilderness that surrounds us. This is an experience you will never forget!
Along the route, we will fill up with a well-deserved gourmet picnic of eco-friendly, local products, such as vegetable burgers, organic chips or juices with seasonal fruits. We then return to the shores of the island and get out of the kayaks.
At the end of the activity, we will climb back on board the seaplane which will take us back to Vancouver, arriving back in the city at around 4:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Seaplane trip + Kayak activity||
Seaplane trip + Kayak activity
Per personUS$ 469.90
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pickup and drop off.
Professional English speaking guide.
Return Seaplane trip to the Gulf Islands.
5 hour Kayak tour.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).