Discover why Viña del Mar is known as the Garden City of Chile: explore beautiful mansions, majestic castles and spectacular coastal views on this free walking tour.
Viña del Mar Free Walking Tour
Meet your guide in the Plaza Eduardo Grove square. From here, we'll go on a pleasant stroll to the Parque Quinta Vergara park, where we'll find out about its fascinating history.
Our next stop will be the Palacio Rioja palace. We'll also pass by other iconic monuments such as the Palacio Carrasco, the Moai in Rapa Nui as well as enjoy spectacular views of the Marga Marga estuary.
Next, we'll hop on a local bus and set off for the coast to see Wulff Castle as well as the impressive Cap Ducal and Sheraton Miramar hotels. We'll also get to see the Palacio Presidencial de Cerro Castillo, the Chilean president's summer residence, and the Club Unión Árabe.
Afterwards we'll visit the famous Flower Clock, one of Viña del Mar's most iconic sights. You'll learn about the significance of the unusual clock, installed in 1962 for the occasion of the Football World Cup, which was held in Chile.
We'll end the free walking tour here and you'll be free to explore Viña del Mar at your leisure.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Bus ticket (US$ 1).
When to book?
You can book up until the same day (8:00 am) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, you must attend with a carer.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Plaza Eduardo Grove.