Get to know the great variety of animals that live in the incredible Kenyan forest with this Arabuko Sokoke Forest Tour- a must if you're in Watamu!
Arabuko Sokoke Forest Tour
We'll pick you up at your hotel in Watamu at a time of your choosing and head west to Arabuko Sokoke National Park, the largest indigenous coastal forest in East Africa.
We'll get off the minibus and go on a hiking trail through this forest. On the way, we'll meet many globally endangered bird species, such as Clarke's weaver, which is only found in Kenya!
We'll continue knowing the fauna that lives in Arabuko Sokoke while we admire the beautiful landscape that the forest leaves us. The golden-rumped elephant shrew, the bushy-tailed mongoose and the duiker of Ader are just some examples of the species that live in this park. In addition, 260 types of butterflies live here. Curious, isn't it?
Finally, we'll complete the tour of the Arabuko Sokoke National Park by discovering the numerous medicinal plants and the uses that the local population gives them. You'll be surprised!
We'll finish the tour by returning to your hotel in Watamu after a four-hour journey.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 11 years oldUS$ 36
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other languages.
Pick up and transfer back to the hotel.
Transport in minibus.
Guide in English.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.