Discover the unique historical site with this Gede Ruins Day Trip from Watamu. You'll visit the ruins of this Swahili city full of secrets and you'll be surprised!
Gede Ruins Day Trip
We'll pick you up at your hotel in Watamu at the time of your choice and set off for the ruins of Gede, which are only 15 minutes from the coast.
When you arrive at your destination, you'll be immediately surprised. The local people will welcome us with typical songs and will show us their way of life in Gede. After this special welcome, we'll go to the ruins and visit the old houses, palaces and mosques that are hidden in this forest of Kenya.
We'll also tell you the fascinating story of these remains, which belong to a Swahili town whose origin dates back to the 12th century and which reached its peak in the 15th century. However, after this peak, this city was abandoned leaving many mysteries that remain unsolved to this day.
After touring this archaeological site and discovering all its secrets, we'll leave you at your hotel in Watamu two hours after pick-up.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 11 years oldUS$ 33
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other languages.
Pick up and transfer back to the hotel.
Transport in minibus.
Guide in English.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.