The Sant Pau Modernist site, declared a World Heritage Site, is one of Barcelona's architectural jewels. Explore its beautiful interior when you take our fantastic tour.
Sant Pau Art Nouveau Site Guided Tour
Our guided tour of the Sant Pau Modernista Complex will begin opposite the entrance to the site, located at 167 Sant Antoni Maria Claret Street.
At the beginning of the 20th century, the architect Pere Domènech i Roura designed the so-called Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, made up of different pavilions. This large sanitary complex gave way to a much more modern center, but the old enclosure remains one of the crown jewels of Catalan modernism. During our visit, we will visit different enclaves of this great architectural work, declared a World Heritage Site.
To have a better understanding of the decision to erect the Sant Pau complex, we will visit one of the most unique spaces on the site: the Sant Salvador Pavilion, which houses an exhibition on the history of medicine. The building also hosts an interesting exhibition on Catalan modernist architecture, the main characteristics of which are embodied in this great work.
After visiting other outstanding pavilions of the enclosure, we will finish the tour by visiting the gardens of Sant Pau, also designed with the unmistakable stamp of modernism.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children from 4 to 12 years oldUS$ 24.90
Children under 4 years oldFree
1 hour 30 minutes.
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
English and Spanish speaking guide, specialized in the modernist architecture of Barcelona.
Entry to the art nouveau site of Sant Pau.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not advisable for people with reduced mobility).
167 calle Sant Antoni Maria Claret