Explore Berlin on two wheels on this free bike tour! You'll explore the most emblematic places in the city, and learn all about them thanks to our expert, English-speaking guide.
Free Berlin Bike Tour
Our free bike tour of Berlin will start outside the central Hotel Eurostars on Friedrichstraße street at 10:30 am. From here, we'll cycle to the nearby Museum Island, which will be the first stop on our route.
On Museum Island, known in German as Museumsinsel, there's so much to be seen! You'll be able to admire the impressive 20th-century Berlin Cathedral, located on the banks of the River Spree. Plus, as we continue cycling, you'll see the Altes Museum (Old Museum), the Neues Museum (New Museum) and the Pergamon Museum.
Next, we'll pedal our way to the Unter den Linden. At the end of this historic street, you'll find the Bebelplatz square and the Gendarmenmarkt, where you'll see two twin buildings. Do you know the history behind them? There's far more history to discover, as we carry on past the Berlin Wall, Potsdamer Platz and the Holocaust Memorial. We'll stop at all of these, and our expert guide will help you to gain a deeper understanding of some of the most significant events of the 20th century.
We'll continue cycling through the Tiergarten park, Berlin's green heart, and in this area, you'll be able to see many more of the city's emblematic monuments, including the Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag parliament building.
After three hours, this free bike tour will come to an end back at Friedrichstraße.
- Before starting the tour, you must pay a 15 euro deposit per person. This will be returned to you in full at the end of the tour providing the bike has not been damaged at all.
- You must be at least 16 years old to take part in this tour.
- This free tour is not available for groups of more than 6 people. If you're part of a larger group, why not check out our private tour of Berlin.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking expert guide.
Bicycle rental and use during the free tour.
15 euro deposit (which will be returned at the end of the tour).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Berlin).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Hotel Eurostars Berlin.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.