A guided tour of the University of Coimbra, a taste of the local gastronomy, a boat trip along the canals of Aveiro... Discover Northern Portugal on this full-day tour.
Aveiro & Coimbra Tour
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Braga and head to the former capital of Portugal: Coimbra. It is one of the most important cities in Portugal due its historical relevance as well as its lively and traditional student life.
Led by our English speaking guide, we'll visit the University of Coimbra, the oldest university in Portugal and one of the oldest in Europe. Founded over seven centuries ago, the University of Coimbra gives the city a historical significance as well as a vibrant, student atmosphere.
After the tour around the university, we'll follow our guide through the historic centre of the city to discover its winding streets, beautiful squares and the Old Cathedral of Coimbra.
Later, we'll stop for lunch at a local restaurant, where we'll be able to enjoy the menu of the day.
After lunch, we'll hop back on the minibus to travel to the nearby city of Aveiro. This town is commonly compared with Venice due to its narrow canals and long boats, called moliceiros.
We'll enjoy a one-hour boat ride in a moliceiro through Aveiro and its canals. As we cruise, we'll discover the city's main attractions, such as its French Art Nouveau buildings, the Fishermen's Quarter and the Central Canal.
At the end of our visit to Aveiro, we'll make our way back to Braga and drop you off at our hotels.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 56
Children under 4 years oldFree
9 hours 30 minutes.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned minibus.
Guided tour of the University of Coimbra.
Food and drink.
Boat ride in a moliceiro along the canals in Aveiro.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:30 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).