Discover the history and architectural beauty of one of Portugal's oldest cities with this city tour of Braga. You'll walk through the historic centre, visit the Bom Jesus do Monte Sanctuary and the Cathedral.
Braga City Tour
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Braga in the morning.
During our tour of Braga, we'll visit some of the most important landmarks of a city that has over 2000 years of history since it was founded by the Romans as Bracara Augusta.
First we'll head to the Bom Jesus do Monte Sanctuary, declared a World Heritage Site. We'll climb over 100 metres up the Baroque staircase to one of the most important sanctuaries in Portugal. If you'd prefer to avoid the stairs, you can take the funicular (not included in the price).
Afterwards, we'll drive back to the centre, where we'll visit the cloister of the oldest cathedral in Portugal, as well as the church itself. The Braga Cathedral was built in the 11th century, and has since become the city's main monument.
Later, our guide will lead us through the historic centre of Braga as we admire the Baroque architecture. We'll walk through the squares and gardens to discover the history of the city and its most important monuments.
Before the tour ends, we'll also take a moment to enjoy some tasting of typical products from Braga and northern Portugal.
At the end of the trip we'll make our way back to Braga and drop you off at your hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 23.70
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Tour of Braga in a minibus.
Entry to Braga Cathedral and its cloister.
Guided tour of the historic centre.
Visit to the Bom Jesus do Monte Sanctuary.
Tasting of local products.
Funicular in the Bom Jesus do Monte Sanctuary (optional).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 am local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).