Port wine tasting, a boat trip, nature, landscapes and local gastronomy... Explore Portugal's top wine-growing region with this tour of the Douro Valley.
Douro Valley Tour
We'll pick you up from your hotel in the morning and set off on our tour of Douro. Throughout the hour and a half long journey, we'll enjoy magnificent panoramic views of the hills, vineyards and forests of the area.
When we arrive, we'll visit the first vineyard of the tour. Here we'll taste the finest Port wine as we learn about how it's produced along with some advice about how to drink it.
We'll then continue our tour across the landscapes of the Douro region, where the winding hills are home to thousands of vines that fill the area with vibrant colour. Then we'll board a Rabelo, a typical Douro sailing boat, to enjoy an hour-long boat ride.
At the end of the cruise, we'll travel to the neighbouring town of Pinhao, where we'll try the area's gastronomy of the area in a local restaurant on the banks of the river.
After lunch, we'll head to the second vineyard where we'll delve deep into viniculture and taste a glass of Port wine in this unique environment.
At the end of the tour we'll take you back to your hotels in Braga.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 58.60
Children under 4 years oldFree
9 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Professional English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned minibus.
Visit to two vineyards and wine tasting in both.
Food and drink.
Boat ride on the Douro River.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (Braga local time).
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).