Enjoy a day trip to Guimaraes and lose yourself in its historic centre, visit its ancient castle and taste its typical products.
Guimaraes Day Trip
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Braga at the selected time and set off on a bus journey to Guimaraes.
Our visit to "the cradle city" of Portugal will begin at the Castle of Guimaraes, where we'll enjoy a guided tour of the birthplace of Alfonso Henriques, Portugal's first king.
Next, we'll head to the Palace of the Dukes of Braganza to explore its halls, courtyard and chapel. Its Burgundian style will take us back to a medieval past. When we finish the tour, we'll visit the Church of São Miguel do Castelo, where King Alfonso I was baptized.
Afterwards, we'll go on a guided tour of the historic centre that still maintains is magnificent medieval architecture. And we won't leave without seeing the old olive tree in Largo da Oliveira or the magnificent Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Oliveira church.
To finish, we'll taste some typical products such as Portugal's sweet cakes. At the end of the trip, we'll make our way back to Braga and drop you off at your hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 23.60
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Entry to Castle of Guimaraes.
Tasting of typical products.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).