The Bom Jesus do Monte Sanctuary, Braga Cathedral, the Castle of Guimaraes... Discover the most important monuments in two of Portugal's most historic cities on this tour of Braga and Guimaraes.
Braga & Guimaraes Tour
In the morning, we'll pick you up from your hotel. Accompanied by our English speaking guide, we'll start off by exploring the historic centre of Braga, an over 2000-year-old city.
We'll visit its most important landmarks, such as the Rua do Souto shopping street, the colourful Garden of Santa Barbara and the beautiful Baroque-style squares and buildings until we reach Braga Cathedral. We'll head inside this magnificent place of worship, the oldest in Portugal, to discover its most historical importance and most interesting facts.
Afterwards, we'll hop back in the minibus and head to the Bom Jesus do Monte Sanctuary, one of the most iconic places in Braga and an architectural gem of the Portuguese Baroque period. We'll climb its long beautifully decorated staircase until we reach the top, where we'll enjoy spectacular panoramic views of Braga before exploring its magnificent interior.
Next, we'll stop to have lunch in a typical local restaurant to enjoy the best traditional dishes of Braga. After lunch, we'll board the bus to set course for our next stop; Guimaraes, just half an hour away from Braga.
When we arrive, we'll tell you all about why it is referred to as "the cradle city" and the "birthplace of the Portuguese nationality". We'll visit the Castle of Guimaraes and the small Romanesque Church of São Miguel do Castelo, where important figures from the country's history are buried.
After admiring the Palace of the Dukes of Braganza, built in the middle ages, we'll visit the medieval historical centre of the city. As we stroll through its narrow streets we'll see why it is considered one of the best-preserved historical quarters in Europe.
At the end of the trip we'll make our way back to Braga and drop you off at your hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 53.10
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned minibus.
Lunch in a local restaurant.
Guided tour of Braga Cathedral and the Bom Jesus do Monte Sanctuary.
Guided tour of the Castle of Guimaraes and Church of São Miguel do Castelo.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 am local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).