Discover the capital of wine and tiles with this day trip to Porto. Explore the historic centre, taste the finest wine and enjoy a boat ride along the Douro River.
Oporto Day Trip
In the morning, we'll pick you up from your hotel in Braga to set off on an hour's journey to Porto, Portugal's second-largest city after Lisbon.
We'll begin exploring the city by foot, led by our English speaking guide. We'll head into the old part of the city and up to the Sao Bento train station. The tiles in the station hall tell a fascinating story. As we admire them, our guide will tell us all about the significance of the tile industry in Portugal's history.
Afterwards, we'll make our way to the upper part of the city, where the Porto Cathedral is located. We'll head inside the Sé do Porto, as it's called in Portuguese, and discover all its hidden wonders and works of art.
Later, we'll return to the historic centre to see some of the city's most important monuments: the Avenida dos Aliados, the Town Hall, the Torre dos Clérigos bell tower... In this area, we'll also make a stop on the way to eat and enjoy the rich and famous gastronomy of Porto.
With our batteries recharged, we'll head to the Boavista neighbourhood down to the banks of the River Duero. We'll then cross to the village of Vila Nova de Gaia, famous all over the world for being home to the Port wine cellars. In this area, we'll visit a wine cellar to learn about the winemaking process and taste the local wines.
At the end of the tasting, we'll head back to Porto to board a traditional boat and enjoy a one-hour cruise past the six bridges of Porto.
At the end of the trip we'll make our way back to Braga and drop you off at your hotels.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 55.70
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned minibus.
Guided tour of the Porto Cathedral and the Sao Bento train station.
Visit to a wine cellar and wine tasting.
Food and drink.
Six bridges cruise (approximately 1 hour).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).