Discover the famous pilgrimage destination with this trip to Santiago de Compostela. As well as visiting its magnificent Cathedral, you'll also visit its most important monuments and the border city of Valença.
Santiago de Compostela Day Trip
In the morning we'll pick you up from your hotel in Braga to set off on our trip to Santiago de Compostela. On the approximately two and a half hour minibus journey to this Galician city we'll enjoy fantastic views of the Atlantic and the characteristic cliffs of the area.
When we arrive, we'll head to the famous Plaza del Obradoiro to admire the magnificent Santiago de Compostela Cathedral, one of the most important Christian places of worship and the end of the famous pilgrimage route.
You can head inside to admire spectacular works of art such as the Portico de la Gloria and the Botafumeiro. You'll also get the chance to listen to the Pilgrim Mass, where hundreds of people congregate every day in their final stage of the Camino de Santiago.
You'll then have some free time to explore Santiago de Compostela at your leisure: you can visit its main shopping streets such as Rua do Franco, visit other iconic places such as Plaza de Platerías and Plaza de Cervantes, or even stop to taste some delicious Galician cuisine.
After lunch, we'll hop back on the minibus to return to Portugal. We'll make a stop on the way at the border town of Valença, on the banks of the Minho River, which marks the separation between Spain and Portugal.
The guide will take us to see the town's main monument; its medieval fortress. This fort, which has defended the city for centuries, is the largest in the entire Alto Minho region.
Then we'll head down to the historic centre of Valença to explore its streets and squares. We'll even have time to enjoy some local green wine tasting.
At the end of the trip we'll make our way back to Braga and drop you off at your hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 57.80
Children under 4 years oldFree
9 hours 30 minutes.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned minibus.
Guided tour of the Santiago de Compostela Cathedral.
Pilgrim Mass (optional).
Guided tour of the Valença fortress.
Green wine tasting.
Food and drink.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 am local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).