The fortified churches of Harman and Prejmer are two of the hidden treasures of the Romanian hinterland. Discover them and their epic history with this fantastic trip from Brasov.
Harman and Prejmer Trip
At 9 am, we will meet up in the old town center of Brasov where we climb on board the bus. Just 30 minutes later we will arrive at the first stop of the tour: the impressive church of Prejmer.
Inside this World Heritage Church, you discover fascinating secrets such as why the Teutonic Knights built these fortified temples in the 13th century. If the unusual exterior architecture of this religious monument surprises you, wait until you encounter the wonderful interior courtyard.
After the guided tour, you will have half an hour of free time to explore this unique medieval building at your own pace. Don't forget to bring a camera to capture some great souvenir photos!
Only 20 minutes from Prejmer is the fortified church of Harman. Like the previous one, this shrine has a circular structure with strong defensive walls. Here, you will learn that the main enemy of the inhabitants of medieval Transylvania was not dreaded Count Dracula but someone far more terrifying.
After the tour of the Harman church, you will have 30 minutes of free time to continue exploring as you want. Finally, from Harman, we then return to Brasov, arriving at around 1 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 2 to 7 years old||Children under 2 years old|
Children from 2 to 7 years oldUS$ 20
Children under 2 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Transport by bus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the fortified church of Prejmer: adults 15 leu (€ 3 (US$ 3.50) approx.), children 7 leu, and students (€ 1.50 (US$ 1.80) approx.).
Entry to the fortified church of Harman: adults 10 leu (€ 2 (US$ 2.40) approx.), and children and students 6 leu (1.30 EUR approx.).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
Yes (some of the areas are accessible).
17, Bulevardul Eroilor