Boca Iglesia was one of the first Catholic churches built in the New World. Learn about its history with this day trip from Cancun, including snorkeling!
Boca Iglesia Day Trip + Snorkel
We'll pick you up from your hotel between 7 and 8 am, leaving Cancun behind, and making our way to the Playa De Isla Blanca Club. Here on the Mexican Carribean, we'll enjoy a delicious breakfast including coffee, iced tea, sweetbreads, fruit and juices.
Fuelled up for the day, we'll set sail by boat to Boca Iglesia. Over the course of the trip, keep your eyes open for the pink flamingos and other birds that inhabit the local wetlands - an unforgettable sight.
At the end of the route lie the ruins of Boca Iglesia, only accessible from the sea. Having disembarked, we'll learn all about the history of the place, built by the Spanish conquistadores from 1517 onwards.
Then it's back aboard the boat to sail to Cabo Catoche, a beautiful cove where you'll have half an hour to try your hand at snorkelling in its crystal clear waters. And next, the tour moves to a second dive spot, with another 30 minutes of free time to explore the ocean depths!
The last stop comes in the sandbanks of Boca Iglesia. With nothing but a backdrop of calm, we'll enjoy a picnic lunch including sandwiches, a bottle of mineral water, soft drinks and a beer.
Then finally we make our way to Playa Blanca, from where we'll take you back to your hotel by minibus, arriving between 1 pm and 2 pm.
This excursion includes pick up from the hotels in the centre of Cancun, the Cancun hotel area, and Playa Mujeres. Click the link below to see the specific hotels with pick up.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 10% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children 4-11||Children under 4|
|Boca Iglesia Day Trip||
Boca Iglesia Day Trip
Children 4-11US$ 89
Children under 4Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Minibus and boat transport.
English speaking guide.
Open bar of non alcoholic drinks on board.
Bottle of water.
Dock tax: US$ 13 per person
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.