Explore Coimbra in total comfort on board a tourist bus that will take your around the main monuments in the city. And you'll sail the Mondego river, to get to know the area from a totally different perspective.
Coimbra Tourist Bus + Mondego Cruise
With this bus and cruise combo, you'll explore Coimbra at your own pace, and get to know the most important landmarks in the Portuguese city from a totally different perspective.
The Coimbra tourist bus has 16 stops, and its complete route lasts an hour. You'll explore the main points of interest in the city on board a double-decker bus with recorded commentary in English all about the places you'll visit.
Some of the unmissable stops on the way include the Largo da Portagem Square, the Church of St. Antonio, and Santa Clara Monastery and the Coimbra University.
You can check the complete route and stops by clicking below:
With your pass for the tourist boat, you'll experience the beauty of Coimbra from the water. You'll sail along a 50 minute route along the Mondego, passing below the Santa Clara and Queen Santa Isabel bridges, as well as admiring the gardens of the Lapa dos Esteios area, and much more!
The Coimbra tourist bus runs from 10 am to 5:30 pm every 90 minutes. The days of operation vary depending on the season:
- From the 6th to the 26th of April: Monday to Sunday
- From the 2nd to the 31st of May: Saturdays and Sundays
- From the 2nd of June to the 25th of October: Tuesday to Sunday
The tourist boat leaves from the avenida Emídio Navarro pier, next to the Santa Clara bridge. It runs from 10 am to 5:30 pm, every 50 minutes from Monday to Sunday, between the 15th and the 28th of April and from the 3rd to the 26th of May, and from Tuesday to Sunday from the 28th of May to the 27th of October.
How does it work?
Once you climb aboard the tourist bus for the first time, your ticket becomes active. From this moment onwards, you can climb on and off the bus as many times as you like over the following 24 hours. For example, if you board the bus for the first time on Monday at midday, your ticket will be valid until midday on
The cruise does not stop along the route.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 10||Children under 4|
|24 hour bus ticket + cruise||
US$ 20.30 US$ 18.30
US$ 10.20 US$ 9.10
24 hour bus ticket + cruise
AdultsUS$ 20.30 US$ 18.30
Children from 4 to 10US$ 10.20 US$ 9.10
Children under 4Free
The activity takes place with recorded commentary in english and other language.
Unlimited use of the buses for 24 hours.
50 minute tourist cruise.
Headphones for each person.
Entry to the Chiado Building and the Almedina Tower.
Discounts on muesums, monuments, and selected activities.
Up to 10% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.