Delve deep into the delights of Scotland on this two day tour from Edinburgh. Discover spectacular mountains, rivers and lochs as you immerse yourself in the legendary history of the Highlands.
Loch Ness & the Scottish Highlands: 2 Day Tour Itinerary
On the morning of your tour, you'll be picked up from the meeting point in the heart of Edinburgh ready for your two-day adventure into the Scottish Highlands. The first stop on your tour will be Luss, a picturesque conservation village on the banks of Loch Lomond.
Your route will take you further north, alongside the banks of the famous loch and through the rugged countryside of Scotland. Admire the dramatic scenery of Rannoch Moor and the beautiful Black Mount mountain range, before reaching Glencoe. Here, you'll make a stop to stroll around this mythical place, where in 1692 the Clan Macdonald Massacre took place.
Back on the road, you'll head up to Fort William, a historic town in the shadow of Ben Nevis, Britain's tallest mountain. After enjoying lunch in the town, your route will take you around the shoreline of the iconic Loch Ness. From your luxury coach you'll see the Medieval ruins of Urquhart Castle... we can't guarantee you'll see any monsters though! Concluding the first day of your Scottish Highlands tour, you'll arrive in the city of Inverness in the early evening, where you'll spend the night in a hotel.
On the second day of your tour, you'll have the opportunity to tailor your itinerary to suit your interests. You might choose to visit Culloden Battlefield to discover the history of the Jacobite uprisings and Bonnie Prince Charlie; explore the fascinating ancient stones of the Neolithic Clava Cairns; or indulge in a whisky tasting at Dalwhinnie Distillery.
After lunch, you'll be taken south to Ruthven Barracks, a historic military settlement, and The Hermitage, where you'll enjoy a tranquil walk in the beautiful Scottish woodlands (summer months only), before you cross back over the Forth Bridge to Edinburgh, arriving around 7:30 pm.
- Luggage is restricted to one medium sized suitcase per person.
- Please note: this tour returns to Edinburgh Waverley Station, about a 15 minute walk from the original departure point.
- Optional extras are not included on this tour to allow you to tailor your trip to your interests, however, there is a discounted rate available for you to enter attractions on the day: Culloden Battlefield costs £6.50 per person, and Dalwhinnie Distillery is £4 for one tasting, £5 for two, £6 for three (prices correct as of April 2019). Please bear in mind that some attractions do not accept credit cards, so we recommend bringing enough cash for the entrance fees.
- Children under 5 years old are not permitted on this tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Seniors over 60 years oldUS$ 285.60
Children between 5 and 16 years oldFree
Double or twin room
Seniors over 60 years oldUS$ 251.30
Children between 5 and 16 years oldUS$ 251.30
* The price varies based on the chosen date
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Knowledgeable English speaking driver guide.
Transport by luxury air conditioned coach.
1 night bed and breakfast accommodation.
Written translations available on request.
Food and drinks.
Entrance to attractions.
When to book?
You can book up until 5 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 6 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Outside the green Ensign Ewart pub.