Intrigued by Christopher Columbus' travels to the Americas? Discover the secrets of his expedition exploring historical sites in Huelva on this guided trail.
Huelva Christopher Columbus Trail Itinerary
Leaving El Rompido behind on the day of your tour, you'll head in the direction of Palos de la Frontera, the historic town where your Christopher Columbus Trail will begin. During the journey, your guide will keep you entertained with explanations of the most important places of interest in Palos.
Arriving in Palos de la Frontera, you'll start following in the footsteps of Columbus, whose legacy can be found all over the historic fishing town, as it was from here that he set sail on his journey to the Americas. You'll visit the Friary of La Rábida, where Columbus stayed after his first expedition proposal was rejected.
You'll then visit the Wharf of the Caravels, a recreation of the old Huelva port which saw the departure of Columbus' ships. Marvel at the life-size replicas of the three iconic caravels that embarked on the expedition: the Pinta, the Niña and the Santa María.
Immerse yourself in the history of the explorers' arrival in the Americas visiting the Island of the Encounter, a representation of the indigenous cultures that Columbus and his fellow sailors met when they landed.
At the end of a fascinating tour, you'll return to El Rompido.
Pick up points and times
When making your reservation, you'll be asked to select your preferred pick up point from the following hotels in El Rompido:
- Fuerte Hotel (9:05 am).
- Garden Playanatural Hotel (9:10 am).
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 21.90
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Local English speaking guide with expert knowledge of art and history.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Entrance to monuments visited.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (El Rompido local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).