See the Alhambra from a new perspective, visiting some of the citadel's most beautiful monuments, including the Palace of Charles V, the Nasrid pools and the stunning gardens. What are you waiting for?
Alhambra Open Air Tour
After meeting at the indicated time at the main entrance to the Alhambra, you'll start your guided tour of the main buildings in this walled citadel. You'll begin by strolling past the exterior of the beautiful Alhambra gardens, where you'll learn all about the importance of this space in Moorish architecture.
As your guide reveals the fascinating history revolving around this iconic palace complex, you'll see the Puerta de la Justicia or 'Gate of Justice', the Iglesia de Santa Maria built on top of the remains of the complex's original mosque, and the San Francisco monastery. You'll also get to admire the stunning architecture of the Alcazaba, the Nasrid Palaces and the Generalife from the outside.
Further explore Granada's history as you enter the Palace of Charles V, where you'll have the opportunity to visit the Alhambra Museum, which exhibits ancient Islamic artefacts, and the Fine Arts Museum, home to a collection of 15th- to 20th-century paintings and sculptures.
You'll also get to stop at a woodworking workshop within the citadel where you can see how traditional local handicrafts are made. For the finishing touch on your guided tour, admire the Nasrid pool and enjoy spectacular views over the city below from the fortress.
Both the Alhambra Museum and the Fine Arts Museum are only open from Wednesday to Saturday.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 12 years old|
Children under 12 years oldFree
1 hour 45 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to monuments unless specified.
When to book?
Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Puerta de la Justicia at the Alhambra.