Did you know that Braga is considered to be the Rome of Portugal? Discover it for yourself on this day trip from Guimaraes and discover the city's most emblematic monuments.
Braga Day Trip
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Guimaraes at the time you choose and hop on a bus to set off on a day trip to Braga.
When we arrive, we'll make our way to the iconic Bom Jesus do Monte Sanctuary and climb up the 573 steps of its baroque stairs and enjoy breathtaking views from the top.
Next, we'll head to the historic centre to visit Braga Cathedral and its cloister. Did you know it's the oldest church in Portugal? It's said to be built on a Roman temple dedicated to the ancient goddess Isis.
Afterwards, we'll stroll through the winding streets of the famous old town of Bracara Augusta. To end the tour, we'll take a break to taste some typical products from the area.
Four hours later, we'll return to your hotel in Guimaraes.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 23.60
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Optional ticket for the Bom Jesus do Monte Funicular.
Tasting of typical products.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (Guimaraes local time).
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).