Explore the Minho region with this tour of Guimaraes and Braga. The Bom Jesus do Monte Sanctuary, Braga Cathedral, the Castle of Guimaraes... Discover them all and more!
Guimaraes and Braga Tour
In the morning, we'll pick you up from your hotel in Guimaraes, the "birthplace of the Portuguese nationality".
The first stop on our tour will be the place where the first king of the country, Alfonso I, was born: the Castle of Guimaraes. We'll explore this magnificent castle accompanied by our guide and climb its battlements to enjoy spectacular views of the city.
Later, we'll visit the Church of São Miguel do Castelo, where King Alfonso was baptized and where many Portuguese heroes and historical figures are buried. After admiring the Palace of the Dukes of Bragança, we'll continue our tour in the historic centre of Guimaraes and explore its medieval, picturesque streets.
Next, we'll head to a typical local restaurant to enjoy the exquisite Northern Portuguese gastronomy. After lunch, we'll hop back on the minibus and head to the neighbouring town of Braga, which is only half an hour away.
When we arrive we'll start by exploring the historic centre of Braga, known as "Portuguese Rome". First, we'll walk through its lively shopping area filled with charming cafes and souvenir shops. We'll also visit Braga Cathedral, the oldest in Portugal and also one of the most important religious, artistic and architectural monuments in the city.
We'll complete our trip to Braga with a visit to one of the most important monuments in the north of Portugal: the Bom Jesus do Monte Sanctuary. We'll climb its long beautifully decorated staircase until we reach the top, where we'll enjoy spectacular panoramic views of Braga before exploring its magnificent interior.
At the end of the trip we'll make our way back to Guimaraes and drop you off at your hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 53.30
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned minibus.
Lunch in a local restaurant.
Guided tour of Braga Cathedral and the Bom Jesus do Monte Sanctuary.
Guided tour of the Castle of Guimaraes and Church of São Miguel do Castelo.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).