On this green wine tour, you'll get the chance to discover one of the most beautiful places in Portugal as you taste its fantastic wine.
Green Wine Tour
We'll pick you up from your accommodation in Guimaraes at the scheduled time and board a minibus alongside our guide to set off for the region where Portugal's famous green wine is produced.
We'll start our tour with a visit to the Travanca Monastery or Pombeiro Monastery. You'll get the chance to visit one of the two and discover one of the essential monuments of the Romanesque Route.
After our visit to the monastery, we'll take you to a local bakery where you'll taste some of its famous cream cakes, a typical Portuguese delicacy.
During our tour, we'll visit two vineyards to learn all about the grapes grown in this region and wine production. At the first vineyard you'll get the chance to taste this characteristic wine and learn about the process that comes before the bottling.
We'll then stop for lunch at a local restaurant, where you'll enjoy a full course meal consisting of a starter, main course, drink, dessert and coffee.
With our batteries charged, we'll take you to visit the next vineyard. While we stroll down its paths and enjoy the aromas of the vineyards, we'll enjoy some more wine tasting and you'll find out why green wine has become so well known!
At the end of the trip we'll make our way back to Guimaraes and drop you off at your hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 56.40
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Guimaraes).
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).