Cuba is famous around the world for its cigars. Learn about their history and discover how they are made, with this fantastic workshop in Havana.
Cuban Cigar Workshop
Get ready to learn about one of Havana's most important traditions. We will meet up at 5 pm in the city center before driving to the venue of our Cuban cigar workshop.
Upon arrival, we will welcome you with a complimentary drink and start to reveal the origins of tobacco in this Caribbean country. Did you know that pre-colonial civilizations were already inhaling the smoke of these plants 500 years ago? We will tell you how Christopher Columbus' expedition changed the course of history as far as cigarettes are concerned.
We will explain the different types of cigars that exist so that you can learn to differentiate them correctly. Then it is time to start making our own cigars! The technique may be a bit complex, but you will love every minute of the experience.
You will also find out the best way to accompany a cigar when we serve you some Cuban rum and coffee.
We will finish the activity after two hours of enjoyable learning.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 18 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 47.30
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Necessary material for making the cigars.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
Yes (you must attend with a carer).