Follow in the footsteps of Christopher Columbus as you discover the places he visited in preparation for his trip to the "New World".
Christopher Columbus Trail
We'll leave Islantilla first thing in the morning and head towards Palos de la Frontera, a small fishing town in the province of Huelva that can boast about being one of the most important places Columbus visited before his discovery of America.
Once we arrive in Palos de la Frontera, you'll follow in the footsteps of this Italian explorer. First, you'll visit the 13th-century Franciscan monastery known as La Rábida Friary, an ancient stone building where Columbus stayed after the Portuguese King rejected his expedition request.
We'll continue the trail, next visiting the Wharf of the Caravels. This famous museum is dedicated to telling the story of Columbus' journey, and it houses full-size copies of the ships that took part in his first voyage to the Americas in the 15th century: the Pinta, the Niña and the Santa María. As you explore the museum, you'll feel like an explorer yourself!
Not only that, but you'll also have the chance to visit the Isla del Encuentro, (Island of Discovery), where you can see a recreation of the scenes that the explorers possibly found when they reached the "New World".
After this exciting trip in the footsteps of Christopher Columbus, we'll return to your hotel in Islantilla.
This day trip includes collection from the following hotels in Islantilla:
- Hotel ADH Ocean Islantilla (8:50 am)
- Hotel Confortel Islantilla (8:50 am)
- Puerto Antilla Gran Hotel (8:55 am)
- OH Hotel (8:55 am)
- Precise Hotel (8:55 am)
- Hotel Marble AMA (9:00 am)
- Hotel Golf Resort (9:00 am)
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children aged between 4 and 11 years||Children under 4 years old|
Children aged between 4 and 11 yearsUS$ 22.90
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Local expert guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Entrance to monuments.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Islantilla local time) if there are still places available.
Te enviaremos un bono que podrás mostrar en tu móvil para realizar la actividad.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).