Home to a vibrant culinary culture, no trip to Jerez de la Frontera would be complete without indulging in its famed local wine and tapas. Treat your tastebuds on this guided tour!
Jerez Wine & Tapas Tour Itinerary
Considered by some to be the birthplace of tapas, Jerez de la Frontera is well-known for its extraordinary gastronomy. Your expert English-speaking guide will take you on a tour of the Andalusian city's best tabancos, traditional taverns which have been the heart of local social life and sherry distribution since the 17th century.
After meeting in the central Plaza del Arenal, you'll make your way to a number of different tapas bars around Jerez. As you stroll, your guide will keep you entertained with fascinating facts about the history of Spanish cuisine and you'll discuss how popular tapas has become around the world.
While you enjoy the lively buzz of the always-packed tabancos, you'll have the opportunity to sample local specialties. The dishes you'll get to taste depend on the bar, the day and the chef - but you're guaranteed they'll be delicious! Wash down your typical tapas with the world-class wine, sherry or beer that has been made for centuries in the Jerez area.
Three hours of great food, great wine and great company will have you feeling like a true part of the culture of Andalusia. Loosen your belt and get stuck in!
This tour can be adapted for vegetarians, vegans and people with allergies.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 15 years old|
Children under 15 years oldFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
Expert English speaking guide.
3 drinks per person.
3 mini tapas buffets.
Additional food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - this activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Plaza del Arenal.