The Alcazar of Columbus, the National Pantheon, the first Cathedral in the Americas... discover the colonial heritage of the Dominican capital on this half-day tour of Santo Domingo.
Santo Domingo Half-Day Tour
After meeting at the Hotel Grand Bahía Príncipe in La Romana, you'll set off towards the west in the direction of the capital of the Dominican Republic: Santo Domingo. After a little over an hour's drive, you'll arrive ready to begin your guided tour.
Delve straight into the historic centre of the city, which was the first to be founded by European settlers in the Americas. You'll discover the most important church in the city and the first cathedral in the Americas: the Catedral Primada de América. Its impressive façade will leave you speechless!
The next stop on your half-day tour of Santo Domingo will be the National Pantheon. Formerly a Jesuit church, the building is now a mausoleum housing the remains of some of the most important historical figures of the Dominican Republic.
It wouldn't be a trip to Santo Domingo without a visit to the Alcázar de Colón! This mansion, located in the Plaza de España, was the former residence of Diego Colón, otherwise known as the son of Christopher Columbus.
At the end of your tour, you'll head back to La Romana.
Want to spend more time exploring the beautiful city of Santo Domingo? Check out our Santo Domingo Full-Day Trip with hotel pick up from La Romana and Bayahibe.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 75% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 12 years old||Children under 2 years old|
Children between 2 and 12 years oldUS$ 25
Children under 2 years oldFree
4 hours - 5 hours.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking multilingual guide.
Transport by air conditioned bus.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in La Romana).
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Hotel Grand Bahía Príncipe La Romana.