On this day trip we'll get to know the colonial city of Taxco and its silver mines, as well as visiting Cuernavaca, "the city of eternal springtime" where we will see one of the oldest cathedrals in America.
Taxco and Cuernavaca Day Trip Itinerary
After meeting up at the scheduled time, we'll head southwards to arrive at Cuernavaca, "the city of eternal springtime" whose warm climate attracts visitors year round.
Once in Cuernavaca we'll begin our tour, admiring the colonial style and beautiful squares of the historic centre, stopping at the cathedral, (founded by the Franciscan monks who came to Mexico, and considered one of the oldest in America) and the Cortés palace, (residence of conquistador Hernán Cortés, which today contains the Cauhnáhuac Museum).
The tour continues towards Taxco, a colonial city found on a hill with winding cobbled streets and cosy squares. Passing through its historic centre we'll be captivated by the regal feel of Tazco, whose palaces, squares, streets and buildings seem to be frozen in time. And we'll visit the major religious building in the region, the Santa Prisca, one of the largest churches in Mexico.
After the tour you'll have an hour of free time to have lunch and pass through the centre of the city at your own pace.
Taxco is considered the world's silver capital, and the silver mines and artisanal shops are unmissable: here you can by local silver products at a very reasonable price.
When making the reservation, you can choose one of the following collection points:
- Capital Bus Service Center, Liverpool Street # 169 (near the NH Reforma Hotel): at 6:20 am.
- Hostal Amigo (Calle Isabel la Católica, 61): at 6:50 am.
If you wish, you can book the Private Excursion from Mexico City. In this case, you'll have a guide exclusively for you and your partner, family or friends.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11||Children under 3|
|English Language Tour||
English Language Tour
Children between 3 and 11US$ 42.60
Children under 3Free
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Transport in air conditioned bus.
Official English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (Mexico City local time).
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.