Discover some of the most impressive artwork around Mexico's capital with this Mexico City Mural Tour. Explore the locations decorated by renowned artists such as Diego Rivera.
Mexico City Mural Tour
At 2:30 pm, we'll start the Mexico City Mural Tour next to the Metropolitan Cathedral. From this central point at the Plaza de la Constitución (popularly known as the Zócalo), we'll walk to the National Palace, where we'll see the famous murals by Diego Rivera. In these paintings, the famous artist depicts various events in the country, from the pre-Columbian era of the Aztecs of Montezuma to the Spanish conquest, through the 19th and 20th centuries wars and the Mexican Revolution.
The tour will continue to the Former College of San Ildefonso. Inside this building, we'll admire various murals that have become true jewels of Mexican Art History, such as "The Creation" by Diego Rivera and "Cortés y la Malinche" by José Clemente Orozco. We'll also stop in front of other outstanding murals decorated by national artists such as Ramón Alva de la Canal and Fermín Revueltas Sánchez.
After learning some curious facts that will help us understand the art of Mexican muralism, we'll continue the tour by visiting the nearby Ministry of Public Education. Inside, we'll find beautiful murals by Diego Rivera that address the history of the Mexican Republic through various allegories. We'll also admire the works by the famous artist David Alfaro Siqueiros.
The tour will end at 5:30 pm at the Ministry of Public Education.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Adults||Children under 5 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 5 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to the visited places.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Plaza de la Constitución (El Zócalo, in front of the Metropolitan Cathedral).