Combine the best of Asturias with this excursion to the Picos de Europa that includes a visit to a traditional cheese factory in Cabrales.
Cabrales Cheese Tour
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Oviedo at 9:30 am and set off for the Picos de Europa, one of the most beautiful National Parks in Spain.
The first stop will be the viewpoint of the Pozo de la Oración, an excellent observation point located in the council of Cabrales. From here, we'll admire the immensity of the landscape and talk about the species of animals and vegetation that thrive in this area of Asturias. If the skies are clear, we'll see the Naranjo de Bulnes, one of the symbols of the Picos de Europa.
We'll continue the route visiting Arenas de Cabrales, the village where the annual contest of the best cheese of Cabrales is held. To learn more about this product, we'll go to a traditional cheese factory in Sotres. Cheese lovers, are you ready to taste this delicacy?
We'll visit a cheese maturing cave, where you'll get to know first hand the production process of the Cabrales cheese, famous a denomination of origin product. Then it'll be time to taste this cheese with its creamy texture and lightly spicy flavour.
To finish, we'll take you back to the hotels in Oviedo, where we'll arrive at 5:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 12 years old||Children under 5|
Children between 5 and 12 years oldUS$ 44.90
Children under 5not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the cheese factory.
Cabrales cheese tasting.
When to book?
You can book up until 3 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, this activity requires visitors to be in good physical shape.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.