Explore the most beautiful cities and towns of the Rías Baixas with this fantastic trip from Portonovo. You will visit Pontevedra, Combarro, Cambados, and O Grove and also enjoy a fab boat trip along the Ría de Arousa.
Rias Baixas Trip
At 8:45 am, we will pick you up in the Plaza de Abastos square of Portonovo where we board a minibus and head to the town of Pontevedra, an essential visit to the Rías Baixas.
We will talk about the history and geography of the area while we explore the historical center of Pontevedra. We will see the church of the Virgen Peregrina, declared an Asset of Cultural Interest, we will contemplate the ruins of the convent of Santo Domingo, the beautiful gardens of the Plaza de la Ferrería, and much more.
The next stop is the tiny fishing village of Combarro, where we will discover its picturesque cobbled streets, magnificent granite crosses, and the numerous hórreos (raised granaries) on its coast. You will also find out why these old farmhouses are located so close to the sea.
Then we will head north to visit the island of Toxa. Famous for its soap production, this stretch of land is home to a wonderful chapel decorated with thousands of shells!
From the island of La Toxa, we will set sail on a pleasant boat trip along the Arousa estuary. We will see up close how they work on the rafts to hunt for the most delicious mussels. We will also enjoy a tasting session on board accompanied by a glass of wine.
Once the boat trip is over, we will leave you an hour and a half of free time so that you can eat in O Grove. Once we have regained our strength, we will head to Cambados, the capital of Albariño wine. We will visit a winery of this exquisite product to discover all its secrets and for a tasting of three varieties of wine.
We will finish the excursion to the Rías Baixas arriving at Portonovo at 6:15 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Adults||Children from 3 to 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children from 3 to 12 years oldUS$ 27.10
Children under 3 years oldFree
9 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and spanish.
Transport by bus or minibus.
English speaking guide.
Boat trip along the Ria de Arousa.
Entry to a wine cellar in Cambados with wine tasting.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 8 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Plaza de Abastos square.