History, nature, and other splendours await you on this guided tour of Puerto Plata. The tour also includes a ride on the cable car up to the famous Isabel de Torres peak.
Puerto Plata Guided Tour
After picking you up from your hotel in Puerto Plata at the appointed time, we'll go to the city's cable car, where we'll start the tour! Onboard the cable car we'll ascend more than 800 metres and get the best panoramic views of the Isabel de Torres National Park. There we'll also appreciate a sculpture of Christ the Redeemer similar to the one in Rio de Janeiro.
After admiring the views, we'll return to the historic centre of Puerto Plata to visit one of the oldest monuments in the city: San Felipe Fortress. In this historic fortress, we'll learn more about the history of the Dominican Republic and its colonial past.
We'll then head to an amber and larimar factory; semi-precious stones that will amaze you. Do you know what amber has to do with the film Jurassic Park? You're sure to find out!
The next stops will take us deeper into discovering the culture, way of life and local produce of Puerto Plata. We'll visit the Macorix rum factory, an artisan cigar factory, a chocolate factory and finally we'll stop at the Malecón, where we can enjoy the Merengue festival. Do you know this famous Latin dance?
After the tour finishes, you'll be taken back to your hotel in Puerto Plata to relax after a day full of discovering and exploring.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 10||Under 5s|
|Guided tour + lunch||
Children between 5 and 10US$ 30
Guided tour + lunch
Children between 5 and 10US$ 48
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport in tour bus or minibus (depending on size of group).
Lunch (depending on ticket bought).
Ride on cable car.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, you must attend with a carer.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.