Discover the second capital of the Dominican Republic with this Santiago de Los Caballeros Day Trip from Puerto Plata. Its historical importance and its valuable monuments have made it an essential visit in the country.
Santiago de Los Caballeros Day Trip
At the appointed time, we'll pick you up at your hotel in Puerto Plata. On board a minibus we'll set off for Santiago de los Caballeros, the second most important city in the country thanks to its history and valuable monuments.
After a 75 minute journey, we'll arrive in Santiago and feel the immensity of this great city with more than 2 million inhabitants. The first stop of the visit to Santiago will be at a local ceramic factory, to learn about the process of making the famous Dominican faceless dolls.
We'll then walk to the epicentre of the city, called the Cerro del Castillo, where we'll find the symbol par excellence of Santiago de los Caballeros: the Monument to the Heroes of the Restoration. We'll unveil its history while we admire the symbolism of the place. Afterwards, we'll enjoy a delicious traditional Dominican meal.
As we explore Santiago, we'll pass by buildings of great value, such as the Eduardo León Jimenes Cultural Centre and the Centro León. We'll visit this museum dedicated to the culture and art of the Dominican Republic.
To learn more about local crafts, we'll visit the La Aurora cigar factory, one of the largest and most famous in the country. Inside we'll discover the evolution of this tobacco factory and its current products. Super interesting!
Before saying goodbye to Santiago, we'll walk along Sol Street and its innumerable shops. Afterwards, we'll return to the minibus and head back to the hotel in Puerto Plata, arriving after a 9 hour excursion.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 11 years old||Children under 5 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 5 and 11 years oldUS$ 40
Children under 5 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other language.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by bus or minibus (depending on the size of the group).
Guide in English.
Lunch and drinks.
Entry to the Eduardo León Jimenes Cultural Centre.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 6 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.