If there are two archaeological sites which can compete with Chichén Itza they are Tulum, located on the beautiful Caribbean coast, and Cobá, hidden in the deepest darkest jungle. Discover both in one day on this unforgettable tour.
Tulum and Coba Tour from Riviera Maya
Having picked you up from your hotel at the scheduled time we'll hit the road to southwards towards Tulum, a Mayan city built between the 13th and 15th centuries. Thanks to its privileged location overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Tulum offers some of the most perfect views Mexico has to offer and is one of the most photographed places in the country. We'll pass through its archaeological remains, getting to know its history and narrating its legends.
Our next stop will be the Mayan archaeological site of Cobá. We'll tour the lagoons and cenotes of Cobá, one of the oldest Mayan cities and home to the highest pyramid on the Yucatán. We'll climb right to the top of the pyramid, where you'll be able to see the immensity of the jungle surrounding us. After exploring the archaeological site, you'll have half an hour to enjoy a refreshing dip in a cenote nearby.
We bet you're hungry after all this adventure! We'll indulge in a delicious buffet lunch to regain energy after our morning of exploring. What's more, to put the finishing touch on our meal we'll enjoy a Mayan chocolate experience, delving into the history and production process of this important Mayan delicacy.
If you're staying in Tulum and Playa del Carmen we'll take you back to your hotels at the end of the activity. If you're staying between Playa del Carmen and Cancun we'll make a stop at the Playa del Carmen, where you'll have free time to stroll down Quinta Avenida and buy any souvenirs you may want in its colourful shops. The tour will then come to an end back at your hotel around 9:30 pm.
Hotel pick up
This tour includes pick up from the following accommodation in Riviera Maya:
If your hotel is not on this list, we'll give you a meeting point for pick up.
Playa del Carmen Stop
The stop at Playa del Carmen is only included if you're staying between Cancun and Playa del Carmen. If you're staying in another area and still want to visit, we'll take you there at the end of the tour but you'll have to arrange your own transport back to your hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
Mexican AdultsUS$ 59
Children (4 - 11 years old)US$ 57
Mexican Children (4 - 11 years old)US$ 52
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Skip the line entry to Tulum archaeological site.
Skip the line entry to Cobá archaeological site.
Mayan chocolate experience.
Life jacket (approx 2 USD per person).
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.