Spend a day immersed in nature at the Collados del Asón hills and their incredible caves. You'll discover the source of the Asón River and go canoeing!
Canoeing in Collados del Asón
After picking you up in Santander, we'll head to Ramales de la Victoria, where we'll find extraordinary caves with prehistoric remains. We'll either visit the Cueva de Covalanas cave, a small cave with 25,000-year-old paintings, or the Cueva de Cullalvera cave, a deep cavern where you can admire magnificent rock formations.
When we leave the cave, you'll have about an hour of free time to get some lunch in Ramales de la Victoria. Our trip will then continue in the Collados del Asón Natural Park, a spectacular protected area in the Soba valley, at 600 metres high!
We'll walk along the forest paths and discover the source of the Gándara River, which emerges from the meadows and runs through the valley before crashing into a series of high-speed rapids. A pleasant stroll through forests of beech, oak and holm oak will then bring us closer to the source of the Asón River, an impressive waterfall that cascades from over 50 metres high.
Next, we'll take you to the town of Ampuero. After listening to the canoeing safety instructions, you'll be given the necessary equipment. Then you'll spend 3 hours speeding down the river as you admire the breathtaking landscapes that surround you.
We'll be back in Santander around 7:30 pm.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 5 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Should land, air, or water transport of any kind be used they will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 12 years old|
Children between 5 and 12 years oldUS$ 71.60
10 hours 30 minutes.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in a minivan.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the caves.
Food and drink.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Santander).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Calle Castelar, 49.