Spend a day surrounded by nature and beaches with this trip to Mount Buciero. You'll discover one of the most beautiful areas in Cantabria and enjoy an afternoon on the beach in Santoña.
Santoña Hike & Beach Tour
We'll leave Santander in the morning and set off for Santoña. During the hour's journey we'll admire the landscapes of the Santoña, Victoria and Joyel Marshes Natural Park, a beautiful nature reserve where thousands of birds migrate every year.
After heading down the Santoña promenade, we'll hop off the bus and begin to climb Mount Bucieros that almost forms a peninsula with the Treto estuary. During the first half an hour of the trail, we'll head up the mountain and enjoy the views of this magnificent natural environment and the marshes.
Eventually, we'll begin the descent down the other side of Mount Bucieros, approaching the Faro del Caballo lighthouse. During the hike, we'll make several stops to rest and enjoy the impressive landscape.
Next, we'll continue towards the Faro del Pescador lighthouse and a viewpoint where we'll be able to admire Berria beach. We'll follow the trail to the El Mazo fort, built by order of Napoleon during the Peninsular War.
After a 4 hour hike on Mount Bucieros, we'll reach Berria beach. You'll have about two hours of free time to eat at leisure and enjoy the beach. You can lie in the sun, go for a walk or take a dip in the Cantabrian Sea.
At 4:15 pm we'll make our way back to Santander, arriving by around 5 pm.
The trip includes pick-up from hotels in the centre of Santander. If your hotel is not in the centre, you'll have to head to the meeting point at calle Castelar, 49 (near the Palacio de Festivales).
- Due to the difficulty level of the hike, this activity is not recommended for children under 12.
- The activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. If this number is not reached, we will offer you an alternative.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 9 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Per personUS$ 77.70
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up.
Transport in a minivan.
English speaking guide.
Food and drink.
When to book?
You can book up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Calle Castelar, 49.