Discover Cantabria's breathtaking nature on this tour of the Puente Viesgo Caves and the Valles Pasiegos valleys.
Valles Pasiegos & Puente Viesgo Caves Tour
We'll pick you up from your hotel or the meeting point at around 9 am and set off on a half an hour journey to Puente Viesgo, home to four extraordinary caves which have been declared World Heritage Sites!
First, we'll discover the Cueva del Castillo cave and marvel at its rock paintings believed to be the oldest in the world! Next, we'll head into the Cueva de las Monedas cave to admire more fascinating prehistoric paintings and original karst formations.
Our tour will continue with a visit to the town of Puente Viesgos. After exploring its most iconic parts, we'll make our way to the Valles Pasiegos valleys, where the landscape is full of cascading waterfalls and charming wooden houses! We'll stop in Vega de Pas, where we'll enjoy a delicious menu in a local restaurant, made up of a main, dessert and drink.
After lunch, we'll head to the Ethnographic Museum so we can learn all about the traditional Pasiego way of life. To finish the tour, we'll take a stroll through the town until we reach the Cascada del Puerto de Estacas de Trueba waterfall. It'll take your breath away!
At the end of the trip, we'll return to Santander and drop you off at the starting point at 6 pm.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 2 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Should land, air, or water transport of any kind be used they will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 12 years old|
Children between 2 and 12 years oldUS$ 48.20
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Cueva del Castillo cave.
Entry to the Cueva de las Monedas cave.
Entry to the Ethnographic Museum.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Santander).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).