Let yourself be seduced by the beautifully rugged landscapes of the Ons Islands on this day trip from Santiago de Compostela. Connect with nature walking along their deserted beaches, discovering their cliffs and exploring their hidden routes.
Ons Islands Day Trip
At the scheduled time on the morning of the excursion, we'll meet up at the Capela do Pilar Church where our bus will be waiting to take us from Santiago de Compostela to Portonovo, a journey of approximately two hours. Arriving in this small coastal town, we'll board a boat to sail over the Galician waters towards the Ons Islands, located in the Pontevedra Estuary.
This archipelago, which is part of the Atlantic Islands of Galicia National Park, is home to countless enchanting attractions with which visitors can't help but fall in love: virgin beaches, rugged cliffs, unparalleled viewpoints and trails across the islands.
We'll disembark on Ons, the larger of the islands, where we'll set off on a hiking trail for around an hour and a half, accompanied by a guide who will tell us all about the way of the life on the isles, a place where very few people live all year round. We'll get to walk through the village of Ons and we'll make a stop at a viewpoint for excellent views of the neighbouring Onza Island.
After our trek, you'll have free time to eat lunch (not included), connect with nature and let yourself feel the magic of this unique natural space. And if you're not put off by the temperature of the Atlantic, you'll also have the opportunity to enjoy a refreshing dip in the sparkling waters of the Ons Islands. A true paradise!
At around 5:30 pm, we'll leave Ons behind and return to Portonovo. You'll be dropped back off in Santiago de Compostela at around 7 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Per personUS$ 60.80
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Transport from Santiago de Compostela.
Boat from Portonovo.
Guided tour of the Ons Islands.
English speaking guide.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (11:59 pm) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Capela do Pilar Church.