Sun Moon Lake, home to the Thao tribe, is one of the most mystical places in Taiwan. Admire its beautiful scenery with this 2 day tour.
Taipei to Sun Moon Lake
Day 1: Taipei - Puli - Sun Moon Lake
Between 8 and 8:30 am you'll be picked up from your hotel in Taipei. Our first stop will be in Puli, where we'll visit a traditional Taiwanese winery. Here we'll get to know how the local wines are made. After discovering its secrets, we'll have an hour for lunch.
From Puli we'll head to the famous Sun Moon Lake. Here we'll appreciate impressive treasures such as the Wenwu Temple, where we'll be greeted by a giant lion. Did you know that in popular culture this animal is seen as a symbol of protection? Continuing on the banks of the lake we'll stop at the Ci'en Pagoda. Its immense height, no less than 9 floors, will leave you speechless. Only a few metres away from this standout structure is the Xuanzhuang Temple, which is another fundamental spiritual centre of Sun Moon Lake.
Finally, we'll visit the Thao tribe village and the Xiangshan Visitor Centre. The lookout point offers some spectacular views of the natural environment! In the evening we'll arrive at a four-star hotel located on the borders of Sun Moon Lake, where you'll have dinner and stay the night.
Day 2: Sun Moon Lake - Lukang - Taipei
After having breakfast at the hotel, we'll leave the beautiful scenery at Sun Moon Lake and go to the historic Taiwanese city of Lukang. In the picturesque historic centre, we'll visit the Lugang Longshan and Tianhou Temples, whose history will help us understand the region's legendary past. To conclude the tour of Lukang you'll have an hour of free time to enjoy the delicious local cuisine at your leisure.
From Lukang we'll go back to Taipei by bus or train, depending on availability. We'll arrive at your hotel in the Taiwanese capital at 5 pm.
- The tour includes one night's stay with breakfast in a 4 star hotel, Sun Moon Lake Hotel or similar.
- The prices indicated are per person staying in one double room.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 11 years old||Children under 2|
Children between 2 and 11 years oldUS$ 183
Children under 2not permitted
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Pick up and drop off at hotel.
English speaking guide.
Transport by bus.
One night stay with breakfast in a four star hotel close to Sun Moon Lake.
Entry to places visited.
Lunch and dinner.
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.