Discover the striking historical, economic and architectural contrasts of the Tunisian capital and explore its most beautiful and important monuments on this guided city tour of Tunis.
Tunis Guided City Tour Itinerary
On the morning of your tour, you'll be picked up from your hotel in Tunis, ready to begin your guided tour around the fascinating Tunisian capital city.
The first part of your tour will introduce you to one of Tunisia's greatest prides: its modern education system. You'll visit Tunis University, before driving through El Manar, a neighbourhood just next to the university campus whose recent growth represents the country's incredible economic and demographic growth over the past few decades.
Your route will take you through the formerly prestigious French part of Tunis before reaching the Medina, the walled historic centre of the city, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here, you'll hop off the bus to delve into the labyrinthine streets, where you'll feel as though you've travelled back in time. Following your expert guide, you'll explore the Tunis Medina, admiring the many different beautiful monuments, mosques and markets, dating as far back as the 7th century, when the city was first built. You'll be captivated by the vibrant atmosphere of daily life in the Medina as you mix with locals in the lively streets and souks.
Your guided city tour of Tunis will come to an end around 12 pm in the Medina, where you'll be able to continue exploring at your own pace.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Per personUS$ 42.90
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport by air conditioned vehicle.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:00 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - this activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).